ALL STAR PROGRAM:
Our All-Star teams are for the most dedicated and highly skilled players from the spring recreational season. We are proud of our players and coaches who represent our league during our all star season. Being selected as an All-Star player is a great accomplishment. The All-Star season shall run from May 2023 through August 2023.
ALL STAR ELIGIBILITY
- Players must be registered with FVBSA
- Players must have played in at least 75% of FVBSA Spring recreation games.
- Players who have participated with a travel type team after March 31st are ineligible
ALL STAR SELECTION PROCESS:
Summer All Star Season is just around the corner. Because of USA Softball Guidelines, we are prevented from starting our All Star selection process before May1st. But we are allowed to explain to you how things will work as the process will start up very quickly beginning on May1st. Please read the following:
8U / 10U DIVISIONS
- On 5/1/23 at 12:01 a.m. Team Managers for 8U and 10U Divisions will receive a player nomination link. Each manager must click on the link and complete the form listing his nominees along with reasons why. We are asking for this link to be completed by 8 a.m. on 5/1/23. If managers are delayed, posting player nominations and notices will be delayed until nominations have been turned in.
- The morning of 5/1/23, 8U and 10U Division player nominations will be posted on the website. Those players who were nominated will be sent an email with a link to register for assessments. This registration process is mandatory for your player to be eligible to assess. If you are unable to do it that morning, we will have an iPad at the field for you to complete but please try to do it at home as there may be a wait for the iPad.
12U / 14U DIVISIONS
- On 4/15/23 Players in the 12U and 14U Divisions can begin filling out an intent to tryout form. Filling out this form does not guarantee your player making an all star team, it only confirms your players eligibility and intent to try out on the dates listed below. Allstar Intent to Tryout Form (Click Here)
- All 12U and 14U who filled out the intent to play form should show up to their tryout time.
PLAYER ASSESSMENT TIMES:
Player Assessments and Uniform Fittings will be at ABELIA SPORTS PARK. Parent meetings will occur prior to assessments. If you want specifics, this is the best time to get it.
**All players please arrive 45 mins prior to their tryout time to allow time to size for your uniform, sign in, and warm up.**
Player Announcements will happen on May 5th. Those who make the teams will be sent links to register
ALL STAR MANAGER PROCESS:
- Managers will fill out their intent to Managing an All-Star Team by 4/15.
- The FVBSA Board of Directors will conduct interviews on 4/24 and then vote to choose each Manager.
- Managers will be notified by 4/25.
All-Stars require a time commitment from the player and their families. 100% attendance to all practices and games is needed. Players must participate in all team functions, practices, team meetings and/or fundraisers. All Stars requires FULL availability for weeknight practices plus tournament play on some weekends. Coaches can hold practices starting the week of May 8th. Tournaments can run Friday -Sunday. Each team will play at least through their District tournament with the possibility of more tournaments if they qualify (see dates below).
COST $350 APPROX
- Cost = $350 (Payment plan available upon request and must be paid in full within 30 Days).
- $100 Check Deposit will be due at the time of Assessment Check in. This will be cashed if your player makes the team. All other checks will be shredded.
- The fees cover tournament entry fees for 3 tournaments and Districts.
- The fees cover uniforms (2- Jerseys, 2- Pant, socks, and belt).
- Mandatory $600 sponsorship per team must be turned into the league by the end of the season. This is done to lower the cost of registration for All Stars.
Each All-Star team will consist of up to 12 players, and positions and playing time is at the sole discretion of the All-Star manager. The essential rules from the regular playing season such as equal playing time and batting the complete roster do not apply during the All-Star season. The managers/coaches will play the All-Star players where they feel is the best for the team.
ALL All-Star Parents will be assigned Mandatory shifts to help support our Wine Country Classic All-Star Tournament June 2-4th by working assigned shifts in the Snack-Bar, Check-In, Field Prep, Merchandise Sales, Etc.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2023 ALL-STAR SEASON
- April 14-29 - 12U/14U Player interest commitment via website
- April 15th – Head Coach Interest Deadline
- April 24th - Interview Day for All Star Managers
- May 2nd-3rd All star Player Tryouts
- May 5th Allstar Rosters Posted on Website
- 5/7/23 Allstar practices begin
- May 19-21 - Battle of the Lake Tournament in Lake Elsionore
- June 2-4 - Wine Country Classic Tournament @Spencers
- June 9-11 -Tournament (8u Poway Heat, 10u Poway Heat, 12uTBD, 14u Temecula Tourney)
*District, and State Tournaments will be dependent on which Classification ("B" or "C") we receive from USA Softball*
“C” Classification (Recreation) All-Star Championship Play
- June 16-18 - All-Star District Championships in Beaumont (8U, 10U, 12U and 14U)
- June 30-July 2 - All-Star USAS SoCal Championships in Lancaster (8U, 10U, 12U and 14U)*MUST QUALIFY
- July 14-16 - USA Softball Pacific Coast Region Championship (8U, 10U, and 12U) *MUST QUALIFY
“B” Classification (Recreation) All-Star Championship Play
- June 23-25 - All-Star District Championships in Beaumont (8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U
- July 7-9 - All-Star USAS SoCal Championships in Lancaster (8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U)*MUST QUALIFY
- July 24-30- Western B Nationals in Medford, OR (12U, 14U, 16U, 18U) *MUST QUALIFY