keep hidden just for refernce now
PLAYER ASSESSMENT TIMES:
Player Assessments and Uniform Fittings will be on Sunday, April 24th at Spencer's Crossing. Parent meetings will occur prior to assessments. If you want specifics, this is the best time to get it.
**All players please arrive 45 mins prior to their tryout time to allow time to size for your uniform, sign in, and warm up.**
Player Announcements will happen on April 26th. Those who make the teams will be sent links to register.
ALL STAR PROGRAM:
Our All-Star teams are for the most dedicated and highly skilled players from the spring recreational season. We are proud of our players and coaches who represent our league during our all star season. Being selected as an All-Star player is a great accomplishment. The All-Star season shall run from May 2022 through August 2022.
ALL STAR ELIGIBILITY:
- Players must be registered with FVBSA
- Players must have played in at least 50% of FVBSA Spring recreation games.
- Nominated to attend All star assessments.
ALL STAR SELECTION PROCESS:
Summer All Star Season is just around the corner. Those nominated will be posted on the www.fvbsa.org website.
Being nominated does not mean you have made a team. What it does mean is you will be allowed to try out for the team. How does a nominee make a team- FV pains itself in having a fair and just assessment process.
PART 1 COACH RANKINGS
- All of the managers will meet with an executive board member to discuss all of the nominees for a division.
- Once discussed, each manager will rank all of the nominees first to last.
- Those rankings will be turned into the executive board member.
- Manager rankings for players on their team will be thrown out.
- The remaining rankings from the opposing managers will be tabulated and averaged. The player with the highest average ranking will get the highest score, second highest average ranking will get the second highest score, so on and so forth.
- This score is weighted for 60% of their total score.
PART 2 COACH ASSESSMENT
- Players will assess on Sunday April 24.
- Players will be scored on various drills during their assessment.
- Defense- Players will play both infield and outfield, they will be scored on catching the ball in different situations. Catch, you get a point, drop or miss you do not get a point.
- Offense- Players will also be scored on hitting. Hit the ball you get a point, foul the ball you get a half point. Miss a ball, no points.
- Throwing strength and accuracy will also be evaluated.
- Base running will be timed.
- Once completed the scores will be tabulated
- Scoring is done by an FV Executive Board Member with no kids in the division to prevent any bias.
- Scores from assessments will be weighted for 40% of their total score.
- Once done, scores will be tabulated.
- Those ranking 1-11 will make the team.
- There is one coach pick for the 12th player. The player must assess to make the team.
- Player pitch divisions may request additional roster spots from the Executive Board and may be considered due to the Pony Baseball pitching limits.
- Typically announcements will be made 2-3 days after assessments.
- We do not make any exceptions to this process, so please do not ask.
ALL STAR MANAGER PROCESS:
- Managers will fill out their intent to Managing an All-Star Team by 4/15.
- The FVBSA Board of Directors will conduct interviews on 4/20-4/21 and then vote to choose each Manager.
- Managers will be notified by 4/23.
All-Stars require a time commitment from the player and their families. 100% attendance to all practices and games is needed. Players must participate in all team functions, practices, team meetings and/or fundraisers. All Stars requires FULL availability for weeknight practices plus tournament play on some weekends. Practices start the week of May 8th. Tournaments can run Friday -Sunday. Each team will play at least through their District tournament with the possibility of more tournaments if they qualify (see dates below).
- Cost = $200
- $50 Check Deposit will be due at the time of Assessment Check in. This will be cashed if your player makes the team. All other checks will be shredded.
- The fees cover tournament entry fees for 1 warm up tournament and Districts/Sectionals
- The fees cover uniforms (2- Jerseys, 1 - Pant, socks, and Hat).
- Mandatory $600 sponsorship per team must be turned into the league by the end of the season. This is done to lower the cost of registration for All Stars.
Each All-Star team will consist of up to 12 players (unless approved by FVBSA Executive Board), and positions and playing time is at the sole discretion of the All-Star manager. The essential rules from the regular playing season such as equal playing time and batting the complete roster do not apply during the All-Star season. The managers/coaches will play the All-Star players where they feel is the best for the team.
IMPORTANT DATE FOR 2022 ALL-STAR SEASON
- 4/19 - Player Nominations Announced
- 4/20 - Head Coach Interviews
- 4/24 - Player Tryouts
- 4/28 - Uniform Fittings
- 5/8 - Practices Begin
- TBD Beaumont Pony Warm up Tournament
Click here for the PONY National All Star Schedule